quake, he seemed to know this and it surprised him a little. He settled on a route that
took them through a heavily wooded area and through a ravine a couple of times. It
would most likely have the least amount of damage as the trees would have caught
most of the tumbling rocks and the ravine would offer them some shelter. It would take
a day and a half give or take to get them out. “I think I can, I just need to see what we
are dealing with injury wise. You said you had a medical team with you, will you be able
to advise me on what to do?” he asked.
“Indeed, contact us when you know what you are dealing with” he replied. “One more
thing John,” the voice said.
“Yeah, what’s that?” he asked.
“We have been getting messages that the main quake is happening in about 40 hours, if
you guys are not out of there by then its tickets, so get moving.” The connection closed
and John opened his eyes. He had hope for the group but his pale face showed that they
only had hope if it was done in the next 39 hours. He took a large gulp of water and
cleared his throat.
“Right, we are getting out of here, there is an extraction team waiting for us, and a
medical team, they are 60 kilometres south of here and we can get to them easily
enough. I know the terrain” There was a feeling of relief within the group but the
underlying shock of losing their leaders right in front of them was still at the forefront of
their minds. The girl, Katherine, approached John with a report on the wounded.
Two broken arms on two different boys and two girls with a broken leg and ankle
respectively. They would need to build a sled to carry them. They would not be able to
move when the adrenaline and panic wore off. There were a few bumps and bruises and
one kid had a particularly nasty gash down the side of his arm. Within fifteen minutes